16. nov. 2011

Chapter 1, Part 2 "Some new friends"

 Vivian hasn't lived in Appaloosa Plains for too long and she doesn't really feel at home yet in this new town so she decided to take her daughters for a trip to the dog park. Some dogs hate riding in cars, and Pepper is like that, mostly because she always has to sit in the back because Gertrud always get's the frontseat. No wonder Gertrud finds riding in cars fun!

 When finally arriving the park after a couple of minutes drive Vivian didn't hesitate making contact with the first person she could lay her eyes on, and that person was the pregnant woman, Imogen.

"Uhm, hey, hi, excuse me." said Vivian shy. The woman named Imogen turned around and looked at Vivian with kind eyes. "Hello there.." she said kindly. "My name is Vivian... I just moved to Appaloosa Plains, with my two dogs." Vivian said quickly, "Oh, that's nice, I'm Imogen, and I have a dog as well, a pink poodle." the woman replied laughing shortly.
 After a moment of awkward silence the woman suddenly said: "Oh, ah, baby's kicking." Vivian smiled brightly and asked polite if she maybe could feel the baby kick. "I've never experienced such a thing before." said Vivian happy. The woman, Imogen smiled and nodded. After the baby stopped kicking the woman smiled and said: "We don't know the gender yet, we decided it should be a surprise, the grandparents are very excited, but also a bit frustrated that they don't know what sort of stuff to get the baby since they don't know whether it's a boy or a girl." Vivian didn't really know what to reply so she just stood there, staring at the woman's belly.
 "Do you have any kids?" the woman asked quickly when she realized she made Vivian uncomfortable. "No, no, uhm, I don't have any children, yet." Vivian replied quickly while thinking that the time couldn't go any slower. "Hey, you know what, here's my number, give me yours and we'll have a chat sometime." Imogen said with a big, gentle smile on her face.

After yet another awkward moment the woman suddenly said: "Hey, my husband is here somewhere, you should say hi to him, I'm sure you'll like him, he's such a nice man..". Vivian just nodded, smiled and walked away.

 "Hi there." a man's voice yelled. Vivian quickly turned around with a shocked expression on her face. The man came walking towards her, all dressed in dark clothing. Vivian found him a little intimidating, but since it was daylight she felt a little bit safer. "Hi, I'm Mr.Fox, Imogen's hubby." the man said and laughed. "...Hi, I'm Vivian." said Vivian with a fake smile on her face. What a weird person, she thought to herself. After having yet an awkward chat with an awkward, but nice person Vivian decided that it was time to relax, and what better way to relax is there than...
 Ice cream? "20 simoleons for an ice cream? Are you kidding me?" Vivian asked the ice cream-man. "I'll give you a discount if you become happy again young lady." joked the ice cream-man. Vivian smiled a fake smile and handed the man 20 simoleons.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar